[Ipopt] Request for comment: any successful uses of MPI parallel MUMPS with Ipopt?

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:30:04 EDT 2014

Hi Greg,

As the maintainer of a Clp, Cbc, and Symphony in debian, my vote is for
moving to serial MUMPS. The benefits for the majority of users in terms of
not needing to deal with MPI-related issues, which can make the Ipopt
package unusable, outweigh any dubious gains that might be achieved by
using parallel MUMPS (as Damien's experience shows). Anyone who's
experimenting with MUMPS+MPI can surely compile Ipopt on their own.

Miles