[Ipopt] A problem about "a corruption of the heap" while using IPOPT and ADOL-C

季聪 jcxx01 at 163.com
Wed Sep 10 06:40:13 EDT 2014

Hello everyone

I've met a bug when i tried to debug a program based on IPOPT and ADOL-C. The aseert window showed some error missage as followed:

Windows has triggered a breakpoint in ipopt_ad_opf.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in ipopt_ad_opf.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while ipopt_ad_opf.exe has focus.

When I decreased problem size from 46*96 to 4^*24, the bug would not occur.

plus: a group of inequality constraints are very complex,if I delete this group of constraints, the program can also run successfully.

I'm confused about the bug, is there any way to handle the problem?

Thanks a lot!