[Ipopt] Issues building dlls with MinGW / MSys

Guy Charles Guy.Charles at redbulltechnology.com
Tue Sep 2 12:08:08 EDT 2014

Tony,

Thanks again - this is easily getting beyond my comfort zone, so I appreciate the detailed help.

I don't get the errors using the additional configs: "coin_skip_warn_cflags=yes coin_skip_warn_cxxflags=yes", but I'm not sure that I'm necessarily getting to the end of the make process sucessfully.  NB - still using the 3.11.9 source code without your last fixes, but I'm not compiling in HSL at the moment to keep things as simple as possible.  No I'm not building 64 bit, but I potentially will be at a later date.

There are a number of dll files produced and scattered around the build/Ipopt directory:

\build\ThirdParty\ASL\.libs\libcoinasl-l.dll
\build\ThirdParty\Blas\.libs\libcoinblas-l.dll
\build\ThirdParty\Lapack\.libs\libcoinlapack-l.dll
\build\ThirdParty\Metis\.libs\libcoinmetis-l.dll
\build\ThirdParty\Mumps\.libs\libcoinmumps-l.dll
\build\Ipopt\src\Interfaces\.libs\libipopt-1.dll
\build\Ipopt\src\Apps\AmplSolver\.libs\libipoptamplinterface-1.dll

Are these all the dll files that get built?  Should there be more, or more steps to collect them into one place so that "make test" works?  make test complains that it can't find libipopt-1.dll, and I don't seem to be able to find a location to put this in to get the test to work.

There is only the ipopt.exe file produced in the build\bin folder.

Again, not my usual area of work so appreciating all the help.  I'll try out a few more of the alternatives that you've suggested too.

cheers,
Guy

PS - Glad to hear you're an F1 fan - hope you're a Red Bull supporter!