[Ipopt] Using HSL 2013 with pyipopt python module?

Guy Charles Guy.Charles at redbulltechnology.com
Tue Sep 2 11:30:30 EDT 2014

Tony,

Thanks for the quick response and pointer to the cause of my error.

I was running with the older ipopt 3.9.2 dll from the download site, which also had this error - I'll try some different ones just to be sure, although I think that 3.9.2 was the minimum version for pyipopt.  I have only used the binary download dlls so far, so not sure if pyipopt requires VS or MinGW built dll.

I guess the ideal is building my own dlls locally, so I have been trying to get a dll build from the source code myself under MinGW but not quite got there (was about to post another question to the list to ask about that one!).

Unfortunately I don't have access to dropbox from work, so I've not tried your builds.  I do have libgcc, libgfortran etc from MinGW installation if that is OK to run your opensuse builds?

cheers,
Guy