[Ipopt] Using HSL 2013 with pyipopt python module?

Guy Charles Guy.Charles at redbulltechnology.com
Mon Sep 1 12:53:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm having issues using the pyiopt module with an external HSL library (on Windows), and was hoping someone may know what I need to do to remedy this?>

I'm using the pyipopt python module ( https://github.com/xuy/pyipopt ), which works fine with the last version of ipopt dlls taken from the binaries downloads (http://www.coin-or.org/Binaries/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.11.0-Win32-Win64-dll.7z) .  I'm now running into some problems using mumps and would like to use the HSL routines instead - e.g. ma57 which works well on a similar problem in Matlab.  I've tried with the latest HSL 2013 libraries, both a prebuilt dll that was given to me, and a locally built version from the HSL source code.  Either way I get the following problem:

[cid:image001.png at 01CFC609.420E1C20]

Has anyone come across this issue, or got any suggestions on what the problem is?  Is it an operating system (windows 7) issue, or Python, or Ipopt?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

GUY CHARLES
Senior Simulation & Modelling Engineer