[Ipopt] ipopt with python

Vyacheslav Kungurtsev vyacheslav.kungurtsev at esat.kuleuven.be
Fri Nov 21 10:32:31 EST 2014

Hello,

Somehow after the weekend I tried again and ipopt installed just fine and
the examples ran OK. I have no idea what happened.

Now I am trying to run ipopt with python, and having trouble with both
pyipopt and cyipopt

With pyipopt:

the error appears as:

~/pyipopt/examples$ python hs071.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "hs071.py", line 6, in <module>
    import pyipopt
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/
dist-packages/pyipopt/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from pyipoptcore import *
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyipopt/pyipoptcore.so:
undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE

Indeed, it so happens that:

$ nm /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
packages/pyipopt/pyipoptcore.so | grep _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
                 U _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE

the symbol arises from libstdc++ and I have tried adding it to setup.py as
such:
        extra_link_args=['-libstdc++']
,

or

        extra_link_args=['-libstdc++', + IPOPT_LIB],

or

        libraries=[
            'coinmetis','libstdc++',

and in all cases setup.py installs with no error, but the import error
remains when I try to run the example.

Do you have any suggestions? Am I linking it improperly in the setup file?

With cyipopt the setup.py requires:
these
    IPOPT_ICLUDE_DIRS=['include_mt/coin', np.get_include()]
    IPOPT_LIBS=['Ipopt39', 'IpoptFSS']
    IPOPT_LIB_DIRS=['lib_mt/x64/release']
    IPOPT_DLL=['Ipopt39.dll', 'IpoptFSS39.dll']
to be set correctly. I am not quite sure how to find the proper
directories. Would I even have dll files given that I am running ubuntu?

Sorry if the question is rather basic.

some info about my computer, if it helps:
Ubuntu 14.04
gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2

Thank you