[Ipopt] quasi-newton method internals

Ipopt User ipoptuser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:19:04 EST 2014

Thanks, if you have a block matrix X = [H A; A' I], then the Sherman-Morrison
formula can be used for rank-1 updates to H: [H+VV' A; A' I] = [H A; A' I]
+ WW' with W=[V;0].

I still wonder why IPOPT uses matrix inversion instead of cholesky or LU
factorization. I have read that the cholesky factorization is numerically
better, but can't find where anymore.