[Ipopt] libtool error during installation

Vyacheslav Kungurtsev vyacheslav.kungurtsev at esat.kuleuven.be
Thu Nov 13 05:35:02 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am installing Ipopt on a new machine, and third party installation and
configure seems to work fine, but I get the following error with make:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/slava/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/src/Algorithm'
/bin/bash ../../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++  -O3 -pipe -DNDEBUG
-pedantic-errors -Wparentheses -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Wno-unknown-pragmas
-Wno-long-long   -DIPOPT_BUILD   -o libipoptalg.la   IpAdaptiveMuUpdate.lo
IpAlgBuilder.lo IpAlgorithmRegOp.lo IpAugRestoSystemSolver.lo
IpBacktrackingLineSearch.lo IpDefaultIterateInitializer.lo
IpEquilibrationScaling.lo IpExactHessianUpdater.lo IpFilter.lo
IpFilterLSAcceptor.lo IpGenAugSystemSolver.lo IpGradientScaling.lo
IpIpoptAlg.lo IpIpoptCalculatedQuantities.lo IpIpoptData.lo
IpIteratesVector.lo IpLeastSquareMults.lo IpLimMemQuasiNewtonUpdater.lo
IpLoqoMuOracle.lo IpLowRankAugSystemSolver.lo IpLowRankSSAugSystemSolver.lo
IpMonotoneMuUpdate.lo IpNLPBoundsRemover.lo IpNLPScaling.lo
IpOptErrorConvCheck.lo IpOrigIpoptNLP.lo IpOrigIterationOutput.lo
IpPDFullSpaceSolver.lo IpPDPerturbationHandler.lo IpPDSearchDirCalc.lo
IpPenaltyLSAcceptor.lo IpProbingMuOracle.lo IpQualityFunctionMuOracle.lo
IpRestoConvCheck.lo IpRestoFilterConvCheck.lo IpRestoIpoptNLP.lo
IpRestoIterateInitializer.lo IpRestoIterationOutput.lo IpRestoMinC_1Nrm.lo
IpRestoPenaltyConvCheck.lo IpRestoRestoPhase.lo IpStdAugSystemSolver.lo
IpTimingStatistics.lo IpUserScaling.lo IpWarmStartIterateInitializer.lo
libtool: link: `IpLimMemQuasiNewtonUpdater.lo' is not a valid libtool object
make[3]: *** [libipoptalg.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/slava/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/src/Algorithm'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/slava/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/src/Algorithm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/slava/CoinIpopt/Ipopt'

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more
information about my system or anything.

Thank you

Best regards,
~Vyacheslav Kungurtsev