[Ipopt] Warm Starting Options Suggestions

Gabriel Hackebeil gabe.hackebeil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 22:08:37 EST 2014

Breannan,

If you are launching Ipopt via AMPL (or with NL files in general), I believe there is an option called warm_start_init_point that indicates whether or not initial starting points for variable bound multipliers should be respected. By default they are ignored, but they also do not appear in the NL file by default unless indicated using an AMPL suffix. More details here (page 57): http://web.mit.edu/ipopt_v3.11.6/doc/documentation.pdf

Regards,
Gabe Hackebeil