[Ipopt] has ipopt/mumps been broken in debian/ubuntu for months?

Greg Horn gregmainland at gmail.com
Tue May 27 07:31:35 EDT 2014

Hello all,

This question is for people using IPOPT from official Debian or Ubuntu
packages, that is, you "apt-get install coinor-libipopt-dev".

There has been a bug in ipopt for months which means it doesn't work with
mumps, see http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/ipopt/2014-April/003671.html.
(I should note that there was a fix released a month ago, but it has not
yet been packaged for debian/ubuntu.)

My question is: people who use ipopt from apt-get, is no one using mumps?
Am I wrong that the mumps interface is broken? Do you all install 3rd party
linear algebra like HSL?

Follow-up question: do you use libmumps-dev, or some of the other options
like libmumps-ptscotch-dev, libmumps-scotch-dev, libmumps-seq-dev?

Best regards,
Greg