[Ipopt] IpOpt compiling problem in MSVC 10

Carlos Gomez carlos.gomez at autom.uva.es
Thu Jul 3 05:29:31 EDT 2014

To whom it may concern:
     I'm trying to compile the project provided in the sources, called
IpOpt-vc10.sln using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. But, when generating
the dll, a weird error is shown, it doesn't recognize the symbol
unique_tag_.

1> IpAugRestoSystemSolver.obj : error LNK2001: extern symbol "private:
static unsigned int Ipopt::TaggedObject::unique_tag_"
(?unique_tag_ at TaggedObject@Ipopt@@0IA) unsolved

If I check the symbols (dumpbin \symbols + removing the  /GL) I can see
the symbol in the file IpAugRestoSystemSolver.obj

C31 00000000 UNDEF  notype       External     |
?unique_tag_ at TaggedObject@Ipopt@@0IA (private: static unsigned int
Ipopt::TaggedObject::unique_tag_)

I'm quite sure the problem comes because there is one library not
linked, but I'm not sure which one. Has this problem happened before?

On the other hand, when trying to compile using MinGW, when configuring,
the process gets stuck checking for Matlab executable extension (MEXSUFFIX)

Thanks in advanced. Carlos Gómez Palacín.
--
<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ke3pTHNJHiw/UKQZoce0FpI/AAAAAAAAAJc/wechAv8blAw/s1600/Imagen2.jpg>

	*Piensa si es realmente necesario imprimir este correo. *
*Think before ink. *
*Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message. *