[Ipopt] Unknown File Exception

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 4 23:44:03 EST 2014

There are a few places that can occur in
https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/browser/trunk/Ipopt/src/Interfaces/IpIpoptApplication.cpp
 - during the IpoptApplication constructor, initialization, or while running
the optimization. Most likely it's an exception from somewhere in one of the
objective, constraint, or gradient callbacks. If you use a newer version of
Ipopt, 3.11.5 or newer, you can set RethrowNonIpoptException to true (after
the line in Psopt that creates "SmartPtr<IpoptApplication> app = new
IpoptApplication();" you can set "app->RethrowNonIpoptException(true);")
which should result in the original exception being rethrown, unless it was
occurring in the IpoptApplication constructor.

-Tony