[Ipopt] Position in the IPOPT code where inf_pr and inf_du are calculated

Lemoine, Roberto Roberto.Lemoine at bci.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Dec 2 04:02:16 EST 2014

Dear members of the IPOPT community,

Short question. Where in the IPOPT code are the primal and dual infeasibilities inf_pr and inf_du calculated?

I am asking this because the value of both (particularly of inf_pr) increase significantly after introducing a simple constraint in the optimization problem. The constraint should actually be inactive at the initial guess (I have verified that the constraint is within its intended bounds). So, I would like to find out why this constraint is doing this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Roberto Lemoine

Technische Universität Dortmund

Fakultät Bio- und Chemieingenieurwesen

Lehrstuhl für Systemdynamik und Prozessführung

G2, Raum 3.29

44221 Dortmund

Roberto.Lemoine at bci.tu-dortmund.de <mailto:Roberto.Lemoine at bci.tu-dortmund.de>

Tel: +49 (0) 231/755-5171