[Ipopt] Infeasible Problem Detected

Cote, Pascal (RTA) Pascal.Cote at riotinto.com
Wed Aug 20 14:32:23 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to solve a problem with a special structure like this one:

Min f(x) + g(y)

Subject to cmin <= c(x,y)<=cmax

x contains most of the decision variables (approx. 15000)
y contains only few variable (approx. 10)

function f(x) will return a number in the range [500 2000] whereas g(y) return a number in a completely different range [ around 30.0 e7].

When I try to solve the problem Ipopt finished with ApplicationReturnStatus = 2 (Infeasible_Problem_Detected).

But If I simply scale g(y) in my objective function like this: Min f(x) + g(y)/100000 Ipopt Is able to solve the problem ApplicationReturnStatus = 0.

I suspected of an error in the derivative of g(y) but the derivative check passed (with a tolerance 1.e-6, may be is not enough?).

Does anyone have an idea of what goes wrong.

Thank you

-          Pascal

Avis:
Ce message et toute pi?ce jointe sont la propri?t? de Rio Tinto et sont destin?s seulement aux personnes ou ? l'entit? ? qui le message est adress?. Si vous avez re?u ce message par erreur, veuillez le d?truire et en aviser l'exp?diteur par courriel. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire du message, vous n'?tes pas autoris? ? utiliser, ? copier ou ? divulguer le contenu du message ou ses pi?ces jointes en tout ou en partie.

Notice:
This message and any attachments are the property of Rio Tinto and are intended solely for the named recipients or entity to whom this message is addressed. If you have received this message in error please inform the sender via e-mail and destroy the message. If you are not the intended recipient you are not allowed to use, copy or disclose the contents or attachments in whole or in part.