[Ipopt] Stochasticity in Ipopt?

Anil V. Rao anilvrao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 22:44:05 EDT 2013

All

I have a problem that I have set up using the latest precompiled Matlab mex files (those that Tony Kelman graciously provided). I am having an issue that Ipopt runs a different number of iterations each time the problem is solved. I change nothing between calls to Ipopt, I simply solve the exact same problem repeatedly with the same initial guess. Does anyone have a reason why I may be having the aforementioned issue of non-repeatability?

Anil Rao

Anil V. Rao
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-6250
Email:  anilvrao at ufl.edu
Tel:  (352) 672-1529 (cell)