[Ipopt] How to get the no. of iteration and objective function evaluation ?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue May 21 22:56:09 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 05/22/2013 12:50 AM, Run Zhu wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> My current project involving a series of optimization, so I want to get
> the no. of iteration and objective function evaluation for each Ipopt call
> and print them to other output file. I read the documentation and didn't
> find the descriptions about that.
>
> Then how can I directly get the these numbers ?

An Ipopt::IpoptApplication object has a function Statistics() which
returns you a pointer to a Ipopt::SolveStatistics object. That should
give you all required information.

With make doxydoc you can generate a source code documentation for
Ipopt, which could be handy. (the online one does not seem to work
currently)

Stefan