[Ipopt] IPOPT violated constraints

Seth Watts seth.e.watts at gmail.com
Sat May 18 08:51:51 EDT 2013

Hello Novalio -

Although there may be a more elegant solution that someone more familiar
with IPOPT may be able to give you, a simple solution would be to have your
finalize_solution method call your eval_g method, then either display all
the constraint functions' values, or else only those which violate their
bounds (in the case of many constraints).

I use this approach in my use of IPOPT, which optimizes the design of a
structure. The constraint functions have direct physical meaning, so seeing
their values when the optimization terminates (either at a feasible or
infeasible point) gives useful information about the structure.

Hope this is helpful.

- Seth