[Ipopt] Multiple Cores

Mostafa.B bakhtvar at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:02:51 EDT 2013

I am using Pyomo as the optimization modelling environment. Pyomo builds
 .nl file and passes it to the solver.
When I choose IPopt as the solver, I can see that it only uses one of the
available CPU threads while my PC has 16,
without a descent background on programming and also without a proper
knowledge on what is really going on under the hood, I think a distributed
computation which uses all of the threads available would make the whole
process of optimization much faster with the cost of non-repeatable results
(correct me if I am wrong).
my question is that, is there any option available in IPopt for using
multiple threads. or is there any plan to make it available in IPopt?

Regards

-Mosy