[Ipopt] matlab crash

Deepti Pachauri deepti.pachauri at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:58:29 EDT 2013

Hi All

I downloaded the MATLAB binaries from
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Ipopt

Specifically I used following release
Ipopt-3.11.0-linux64mac64win32win64-matlabmexfiles.zip<http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.11.0-linux64mac64win32win64-matlabmexfiles.zip>

After extracting files, I was able to see the mex files in my folder.
MATLAB command help ipopt also worked. When I tried to run examples from
the example folder, my MATLAB crashed. I got following message with bunch
of other stuff. Please someone suggest how to fix the issue.

*** Warning message from subroutine MA57AD *** INFO(1) = 1
         2th entry (in row         0 and column         0) ignored
         4th entry (in row         0 and column         0) ignored
         6th entry (in row         0 and column         0) ignored
         8th entry (in row         0 and column         0) ignored
        10th entry (in row         0 and column         0) ignored
**** Error return from MA57BD ****  INFO(1) = -3
Insufficient real space in FACT, LFACT =          0

       Segmentation violation detected at Fri Jun 28 12:55:59 2013

Best,
Deepti Pachauri