[Ipopt] infeasible starting point

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 31 08:10:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

Ipopt does not need a feasible solution as starting point.
Ipopt judges a model as feasible if it finds a feasible point.

Usually, Ipopt should converge in much less than 20000 iterations. If it
does not do so, then maybe your problem is badly scaled or violates some
constraint qualifications.
If you implemented your own Ipopt interface, then wrong gradient or
Hessian information is also a popular source for convergence problems.
Use the derivative checker (see docu) to check this.

Stefan