[Ipopt] Empty solution in funcs.iterfunc using Matlab wrapper

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 29 13:00:11 EDT 2013

Xinhua,

I believe this can happen during restoration phase or some other condition
that causes one of the IpoptCalculatedQuantities, OrigIpoptNLP, TNLPAdapter,
or IpoptData to be NULL, or the IpoptData to not be valid. We'd have to see
a test case to determine exactly what the cause is. The relevant section of
the code is lines 422-432 of
Ipopt/contrib/MatlabInterface/src/callbackfunctions.cpp, perhaps Stefan may
be more familiar with the algorithm steps that can lead to these conditions?

-Tony