[Ipopt] Help on compile IPOPT c++ example, ubuntu 12.04, 64 bit , ipopt 11.0

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 25 05:04:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 07/24/2013 10:51 PM, Zhenli Lu wrote:
> Dear All.
>      I am a new hand to install ipopt 11.0.
>      Based on the following website , I install ipopt without AMPL.
> https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/browser/stable/3.11/Ipopt/doc/documentation.pdf?format=raw
>
> Question 1: how can I get AMPL by ./get. AMPL

The ftp access to netlib is currently not available.
You can download the ASL archive from
http://netlib.sandia.gov/cgi-bin/netlib/netlibfiles.tar?filename=netlib/ampl/solvers
and extract it in the ThirdParty/ASL directory by hand.

> Question 2: When I try to compile the example in CPP folder, I just rename makefile.in as makefile, and I installed gcc,g++,gfortran,. But when I run "make", it give the following information:
> /Cpp_example$ make
> make: *** No rule to make target `cpp_example. at OBJEXT@', needed by `cpp_example at EXEEXT@'. Stop.

You first have to configure, compile, and install Ipopt (configure;
make; make test; make install). In the examples directories of the Ipopt
build you will then have a usable Makefile.
Makefile.in is just a template that is used by configure to create a
Makefile that fits to your system.

Stefan