[Ipopt] Failed in restoration phase

八重雾中渡 darknesswind at qq.com
Tue Jul 23 05:42:02 EDT 2013

Hi,
I try an example to test if scaling works and got a LOCALLY_INFEASIBLE error in my program.
Then I change the ipopt example to test it.
When I compute the grad_f with the partial derivative equation, I get a RESTORATION_FAILED error.
However, the problem solved when I use the finite-difference method, whether the forward difference or central difference.
The difference of them in central difference is less then 1e-9.

This is the problem:
max: f(x0, x1, x2, x3) = 0.7 * (x1 + x2 + x3 - 175000) * (x0 * x0 + 3 * x0 + 3)
0.5      <= x0 <= 1.5
45000 <= x1 <= 250000
10000 <= x2 <= 125000
5000   <= x3 <= 75000

The following is my option:
tol : 1e-6
mu_strategy : "adaptive"
hessian_approximation : "limited-memory"
obj_scaling_factor : -1