[Ipopt] How to just compile Ipopt if CoinAll is downloaded

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 12 19:42:09 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 07/12/2013 11:19 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the code by the following command.
>
> svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CoinBinary/CoinAll/releases/1.6.3
> CoinAll-1.6.3
>
> But the installation instruction is not for this case.
>
> http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/
>
> For example, it says "To compile the HSL code as part of IPOPT, unpack
> the archive, then move and rename the resulting directory so that it
> becomes $IPOPTDIR/ThirdParty/HSL/coinhsl. IPOPT may then be configured
> as normal." But I only find CoinAll-1.6.3/ThirdParty but not
> CoinAll-1.6.3/Ipopt/ThirdParty.

In this context, IPOPTDIR refers to CoinAll-1.6.3.

> Currently, I `ma27d.f` as `ma27ad.f` in CoinAll-1.6.3/ThirdParty/HSL.
> But I have to rerun `./configure; make; make install` in
> CoinAll-1.6.3/, this takes a long time to install all the other
> packages other than Ipopt. I'm wondering what is the correct procedure
> to install Ipopt without having to spend time on other packages with
> CoinAll-1.6.3.

If you just want Ipopt, there is no point in getting CoinAll. You just
get Ipopt only as writting in the Ipopt installation instructions
(http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node12.html), i.e., either
via svn or from the tarball,
http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.11.2.tgz

> Also, how to figure out what version of Ipopt is in CoinAll-1.6.3?

It's Ipopt 3.10.3.
Do a svn info in CoinAll-1.6.3/Ipopt.