[Ipopt] Start point for derivatives checking

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 20 05:34:06 EST 2013

Hi,

according to http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node53.html :
"The verification is done by a simple finite differences approximation,
where each component of the user-provided starting point is perturbed
one of the other. The relative size of the perturbation is determined by
the option derivative_test_perturbation. The default value ($ 10^{-8}$,
about the square root of the machine precision) is probably fine in most
cases,..."

Are you sure its taken completely random?

Stefan