[Ipopt] Suggestions for a quadratic programming solver?

Thomas Vacek vacek008 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:02:00 EST 2013

I assume you mean convex QP.  Ipopt is fine for that.  Every IPM QP
solver needs the matrices you mention, but Ipopt in its full generality
makes coding a bit trickier than it has to be.

If you use it, there are options you might want to set:
hessian_constant='yes';
jac_c_constant='yes';
jac_d_constant='yes';
mehrotra_algorithm = 'yes';

If you have a Matlab optimization toolbox license, the quadprog
interior-point-convex algorithm is a good choice.