[Ipopt] Extract Objective Function Gradient in finalize_solution(...)

Knut Heidemann heidemannknut at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:00:02 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the hint.

I tried the following (which I found here:
http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/ipopt/2010-July/002078.html):

/  OrigIpoptNLP* orignlp =
dynamic_cast<OrigIpoptNLP*>(GetRawPtr(ip_cq->GetIpoptNLP()));//
//  TNLPAdapter* tnlp_adapter =
dynamic_cast<TNLPAdapter*>(GetRawPtr(orignlp->nlp()));//
//
//  double *grad_current = new double[n];//
//
//tnlp_adapter->ResortX(*(GetRawPtr(ip_cq->curr_grad_f())), grad_current);//
//
//  for (Index i=0;i<n;i++)//
//    cout << grad_current[i] << endl;//
//
//  delete[] grad_current;//
/
The problem is, that ResortX does the gradient sorting right but adds
the "fixed values in x", not the corresponding gradient values.
So I end up with the fixed coordinates written to grad_current. I cannot
figure out, how to access the gradient values wrt the fixed dofs.

It does not seem like there is a method which does the job (?). I would
be glad to hear that I am wrong ;).

If not, I think I will just try to use the last call of eval_grad_f in
order to get the final gradient values of my NLP, although this would
not be elegant ...

Best,
Knut.