[Ipopt] Question about static libraies.

Ahn, Tae-Hyuk ahnt at ornl.gov
Fri Apr 26 13:10:23 EDT 2013

Hello Stefan,

First I really appreciate for all your previous and future help for IPOPT.

I have one question about the IPOPT library. I will run IPOPT program in supercomputer,
so IPOPT static libraries are required. The process of building libraries was done
without error. But I've got error when II built my IPOPT program. Below was what I did:

    $ ../configure --enable-static --disable-shared
    $ make
    $ make test
    $ make install
    I succeeded to build the IPOPT static libraries. But when I link them to my
    main program, I've got the error message:
    $ make (my IPOPT problem)
    g++ -fopenmp -static -L./ipopt/lib -lipopt -lipoptamplinterface -lcoinblas -lcoinlapack -lcoinasl -lcoinmumps -lcoinmetis -lpthread -lm -ldl utils.o parse_config.o gereme_config.o gereme_core.o gereme_ipopt_main.o gereme_ipopt_nlp.o -o gereme-solve-model
    gereme_ipopt_main.o: In function `main':
    gereme_ipopt_main.cpp:(.text+0x1202): undefined reference to `Ipopt::IpoptApplication::IpoptApplication(bool, bool)'
    gereme_ipopt_main.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[vtable for Ipopt::Vector]+0xc8): undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::AddTwoVectorsImpl(double, Ipopt::Vector const&, double, Ipopt::Vector const&, double)'
    gereme_ipopt_main.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[vtable for Ipopt::Vector]+0xd0): undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::FracToBoundImpl(Ipopt::Vector const&, double) const'
    gereme_ipopt_main.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[vtable for Ipopt::Vector]+0xd8): undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::AddVectorQuotientImpl(double, Ipopt::Vector const&, Ipopt::Vector const&, double)'
    gereme_ipopt_main.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[vtable for Ipopt::Vector]+0xe0): undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::HasValidNumbersImpl() const'
    /usr/bin/ld: link errors found, deleting executable `gereme-solve-model'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do you have any idea for this.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,