[Ipopt] Restoration mode

Seth Watts seth.e.watts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:18:31 EDT 2012

Hi Stefan -

Thank you for your suggestions. I have completed a series of verification
tests for my derivatives using finite differences, and I am sure they are
correct in the serial version. The parallel version's derivatives are very
similar (relative differences of components on the order of 1e-6) if not
exact to output precision.

I have run valgrind on a previous version the parallel version of the code
as part of its debugging, and it had no memory leaks, bad pointers, etc. I
haven't run Valgrind on the new version, but I will do so to ensure I don't
have any bad pointers hanging around.

I will also try turning up the output level on Ipopt to see if the
additional detail gives a hint as to the discrepancy, which will hopefully
clear up the mystery.

Thanks again.

- Seth