[Ipopt] Compiling ma57 with METIS for IPOPT

Cavern Zhang cavern_zhang at 126.com
Thu Oct 25 10:56:23 EDT 2012

Hello everyone:

Recently I'm compiling IPOPT with VS2008 on a Win7 machine. As METIS improves the performance of certain linear solvers, I try to link the linear solver ma57 with METIS.

However, there is little online information on this issue. I followed https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/CompilationHints, collected METIS source files into the directory ../ThirdPary/Metis and created a single VC static library (metis.lib). Then I really don't know how to compile ma57 with this METIS lib. Could anyone share his experience in compiling metis for IPOPT in the VS environment or give some advice on this issue? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Cavern Zhang