[Ipopt] segmentation fault for unbounded convex QP with mehrotra_algorithm

Jonathan Currie jonathan.currie at aut.ac.nz
Wed Oct 10 17:49:53 EDT 2012

Using the Matlab interface with the option 'mehrotra_algorithm' = 'yes' gives the following exception:

Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "..\..\..\src\Algorithm\IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 724:
Exception message: !mehrotra_algorithm || smuoracle=="probing" evaluated false: If mehrotra_algorithm=yes, mu_oracle must be "probing".

EXIT: Invalid option encountered.

Have you enabled mu_oracle as per the above? If not, and you are not catching the exception, this could be your problem.

Jonathan