[Ipopt] Problem in setting "max_iter" in C++ interface

Seth Watts seth.e.watts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:33:07 EDT 2012

Hi Nuno -

While I can't shed any light on why setting the maximum number of
iterations this way throws an exception, as a work around, have you tried
setting the maximum number of iterations via an options file? I set this
value using a file called ipopt.opt in the calling directory which has
(among other options) the line

max_iter 500

This works for my build of Ipopt without any errors, and additionally
allows you to change max_iter without having to re-compile your program, as
ipopt.opt is read at run time.

- Seth