[Ipopt] Issue using Matlab interface

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 6 08:54:48 EST 2012

David,

Is your problem constrained? If so, you need to provide a Jacobian structure
function in funcs.jacobianstructure. The error you're seeing indicates that
function was unable to evaluate for some reason. See lines 245-246 of
https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/browser/trunk/Ipopt/contrib/MatlabInterface/src/callbackfunctions.cpp.

What happens in Matlab when you call funcs.jacobianstructure() ?

-Tony