[Ipopt] KKT norms

Andreas Waechter awaechter.iems at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:05:45 EDT 2012

Hi Fabian,

Ipopt uses both scaled and unscaled quantities for the termination
test.  The scaled versions are defined in equation (5) of the
implementation paper (see the Ipopt wiki page for the citation).

You can see the detailed values under "Convergence Check" in the
print_level >= 7 output.

As for the constraint violation, I assume it is an inequality
constraint(?).  What might be happening is that Ipopt relaxed the right
hand side (bound) of the constraints a bit, according to the
bound_relax_factor setting.  So, if the RHS is relaxed by 1e-8, the
value you report would be considered feasible.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Andreas Waechter

Associate Professor
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences
McCormick School of Engineering
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208
USA