[Ipopt] KKT norms

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at lse.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed May 9 17:36:47 EDT 2012

Hello,

I wanted to confirm the IPOPT KKT norms and I cannot validate the
complementarity and feasibility norms of IPOPT.

With a high debuglevel (8?) I confirmed, that my function values are
the same as in IPOPT.

With a tolerance of 1e-6 for tol, constr_viol_tol and
acceptable_constr_viol_tol I get a feasible solution.

One of my constraints has a violation of 9e-9 and is therefore within
the tolerances. However, IPOPT says
feasibility 0.0.

This constraint with a Lagrange maltilplier of 3e3 makes my maximal
complementarity error x*e-5 but IPOPT
says something x*e-7.

Thanks for any hint - It's not the most urgent stuff but it puzzles me.

Fabian