[Ipopt] Unpredictable results with mac OS X Lion vecLib

Sylvain Auliac auliac at ann.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 12 09:01:58 EDT 2012

Hi,
Professor Hecht and I encountered a strange (and bad) behaviour of ipopt while trying to give it an interface in the FEM solver freefem++ developed in our laboratory. These were mainly memory issues. Mr Hecht later found that it was due to some incompatibilities in the file : Ipopt-3.10.2/Ipopt/src/LinAlg/IpBlas.cpp. When used with mac OS X Lion's vecLib BLAS, some of the functions are passed values which lead to unpredictable results (as said in the following page :  http://www.mathkeisan.com/usersguide/man/dcopy.html).
I don't know if someone already reported this, but having found nothing about that while doing a quick search, I thought it would be a good thing to do it.
Best regards.

Sylvain Auliac
Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions
Université Pierre et Marie Curie