[Ipopt] Error during compilation of Ipopt on Windows using Msys

Yann Salaün yannsalaun1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:30:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Ipopt (3.10.2) on Windows with the Msys environment.
The configure step works good, but during the make step, I get the
following errors:

.../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.1/libgcc.a(unwind-sjLj.o): In function
`Unwind_SjLj_Register`
.../gcc/unwind-sjlj.c:126: multiple definition of `_Unwind_SjLj_Register`
.../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.1/libgcc_s.a: first defined here
and the make exits with an error.

I can avoid this error if I add the following flag in the configure step:
CXXFLAGS=’-shared-libstdc++’

But then I encounter another problem: I would like to distribute my
application in the form of a single executable file. Consequently I'm using
the -enable-static and -disable-shared flags in the configure step to
compile Ipopt as a static library. When I try to run the executable file on
another Windows machine, I get an error about
_gfortran_transfert_array_write which can't be found in libgfortran-3.dll.

Does anybody have an idea on how I could distribute my application ? I
think the key of the problem is located in the compilation process of
Ipopt, but I don't clearly understand the errors and the workaround I use.

Thanks a lot for your answers

Yann