[Ipopt] Error on make install Ipopt Version 3.9.2

Paul van Hoven paul.van.hoven at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:25:42 EDT 2012

Hi!

I tried to compile and install Ipopt 3.9.2 on my linux machine. The
configure script and make run fine. But when it comes to make install
I get an error message that I do not understand:

>make install
...other stuff happens here...
make  install-data-hook
make[3]: Entering directory
`/homes/numerik/paul/lib_src/CoinIpopt/build/ThirdParty/ASL'
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/homes/numerik/paul/Mex/Ipopt/lib/pkgconfig: \
/usr/bin/pkg-config --libs coinasl >
/homes/numerik/paul/Mex/Ipopt/share/coin/doc/ThirdParty/ASL/asl_addlibs.txt
Package coinasl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `coinasl.pc'
No package 'coinasl' found
make[3]: *** [install-data-hook] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/homes/numerik/paul/lib_src/CoinIpopt/build/ThirdParty/ASL'
make[2]: *** [install-data-am] Fehler 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/homes/numerik/paul/lib_src/CoinIpopt/build/ThirdParty/ASL'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/homes/numerik/paul/lib_src/CoinIpopt/build/ThirdParty/ASL'
make: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1

I found the package 'coinasl.pc'  in the subdirectory
($BASE_PATH)/CoinIpopt/build/ThirdParty/ASL. I added this path to the
evironment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH but it has no effect. I still get
the same error. Anybody knows what is going wrong here?

Thanks
Paul