[Ipopt] MA86 library

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 9 15:33:52 EST 2012

Hi,

> I started trying  BETA GAMS 23.8 with Ipopt 3.10. I wanted to try MA86 along
> with Ipopt, so I downloaded the code. In order to make it work with Ipopt, I
> have to compile it into a library called libhsl.dll. My question is if the
> compilation process of MA86 is the same as MA57 (w/ MS Visual Studio). Thank
> you.

It's more-or-less the same. Files are different, but you would just need
Fortran and C compilers, too.

However, there are some problems with the Ipopt/MA86 interface in GAMS
23.8 beta. These should be fixed in the final GAMS 23.8 release.

Stefan

> Manuel Andrés Ramos Castillo
>
> Asistente Graduado
>
> Departamento de Ingeniería Química
>
> Universidad de Los Andes
>
> Tel. 3394949 Ext. 1841
>
> Edificio Mario Laserna
>
> Oficina 751

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan