[Ipopt] Compiling IPOPT on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit with ATLAS

David Veerasingam vdavidster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 16:43:22 EST 2012

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here running Ubuntu has managed to
successfully compile IPOPT 3.10 with the system-packaged ATLAS?

I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit.

In previous versions of Ubuntu, all I had to do was to link against
libblas.so.3 and liblapack.so.3 provided by the package
libatlas-dev-sse2. However, this package has been removed and replaced
with a new package called libatlas-base-dev (ATLAS 3.8.4), which
provides two new libraries named libf77blas.so and liblapack_atlas.so.

IPOPT's configure script accepts libf77blas.so but fails for
liblapack_atlas.so.

1) Could it be that the new liblapack_atlas.so does not have the LAPACK
routines that IPOPT needs?
2) Are there any workarounds or do I have to compile my own ATLAS from
scratch?

Thanks!

David