[Ipopt] Ipopt include files

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Mon Dec 31 07:51:25 EST 2012

I am attaching a shell script that demonstrates the problem. You will
need to change the assignment
     ipopt_prefix="$HOME/prefix/ipopt"
to the proper prefix for the installation of Ipopt on your system. The
result I get when I execute the attached script is:

[bradbell at brad trash]$ ./ipopt_include_question.sh
g++ ipopt_include_question.cpp -o ipopt_include_question
-I/home/bradbell/prefix/ipopt/include
/tmp/ccyZl7BK.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[_ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE]+0xc8):
undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::AddTwoVectorsImpl(double,
Ipopt::Vector const&, double, Ipopt::Vector const&, double)'
/tmp/ccyZl7BK.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[_ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE]+0xd0):
undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::FracToBoundImpl(Ipopt::Vector
const&, double) const'
/tmp/ccyZl7BK.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[_ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE]+0xd8):
undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::AddVectorQuotientImpl(double,
Ipopt::Vector const&, Ipopt::Vector const&, double)'
/tmp/ccyZl7BK.o:(.rodata._ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE[_ZTVN5Ipopt6VectorE]+0xe0):
undefined reference to `Ipopt::Vector::HasValidNumbersImpl() const'
[bradbell at brad trash]$