[Ipopt] Obtaining MA57 dll

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 20 20:34:05 EST 2012

Pedro,

It's definitely possible. Mathworks does it, you can find a dll of MA57
included with Matlab (or the Matlab Compiler Runtime, if you don't have
access to Matlab).

As far as using MinGW and Msys, try the following from your downloaded
coinhsl directory:
./configure
make
gfortran -static-libgcc -static-libgfortran -shared -o libhsl.dll
*.o -L$IPOPT_LIBDIR -lcoinlapack -lcoinblas -lcoinmetis

This is assuming you already built Ipopt including reference Lapack, Blas,
and Metis in their appropriate ThirdParty directories, and did "make
install" for Ipopt. You'll have to change around the last bit if you are
using some other versions of Lapack, Blas, or Metis. The -static-libgcc
and -static-libgfortran flags prevent the HSL dll from depending on MinGW's
gcc and gfortran dll's.

Hopefully this will work for you, I only did a little bit of testing.

-Tony