[Ipopt] CPU time limit setting IPOPT

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 4 08:25:45 EST 2012

Hi,

Ipopt does not guarantee that it will not exceed the time limit by a
single millisecond.
The time limit is only checked at certain plances (maybe just once per
iteration) and Ipopt stops when it finds the limit exceeded. By how much
it is exceeded depends on the effort that Ipopt has to spend per iteration.

That should be the explanation, but I don't have an easy solution. I
think Ipopt is just not made for real-time applications.

Stefan