[Ipopt] Initial function evaluation not at initial point

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at lse.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Apr 19 08:14:02 EDT 2012

Hi,

When I start my problem from a trivial initial start value, all
functions are evaluated at the initial design.

When I start from a design (obtained by another optimizer) which is
optimal and partially close to the design bounds,
the function gradients are evaluated at the initial design but the
function evaluations are evaluated at another design.

If I relax the bounds of the design, the functions are evaluated at a
slightly different other design.

Can this be? I see not much chance that this is caused by a bug by
myself, but one can never be sure.

Thanks a lot,

Fabian