[Ipopt] run time constraint violation

Ming Ji finalguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:45:28 EDT 2012

Yeah, this works if the target function is not complex. For my specific
problem, I probably can reformulated in an even simpler way to convert this
non-linear constraint to an bound constraints on the parameters. However,
for a more general solution in the library side, I would suggest checking
constraints violations earlier than calculating target/grad/hess functions.
If constraints are violated, the program should stop testing this trial
point. If there are multiple constraints, users should make sure that if
bound constraints are satisfied, it is safe to test the first general
constraint, and if the first general constraint are satisfied, it is safe
to check the second, and so on.

I dug a bit into the code, I think this part is done
in InexactLSAcceptor::CheckAcceptabilityOfTrialPoint() function.