[Ipopt] If statement in objective function

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 18 06:55:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I don't know how AMPL computes derivatives for functions containing
if-statements, but you should make sure that you have at least
continuous first derivatives for Ipopt to work. Things like if
statements easily introduce discontinuities, which Ipopt cannot handle.
Maybe the derivative checker in Ipopt gives some hint whether this is
the problem in your case.

Stefan