[Ipopt] Problems with Windows 7/MS Visual Studio 10

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Thu Sep 15 15:41:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am having several problems with my new setup using windows 7 and
MSVS 10. I do not know if the installation was bad or what else I may
be missing.

1. I can build cbc.exe, and it runs. I cannot build OsiCbcUnitTest,
because the linker cannot open libOsiCommonTest.lib. Is this a bug in
the solution file?

2. I cannot build in the unix emulators MSYS and Cygwin because there
does not seem to be an executable cl.exe (I would prefer to use cl
instead of gcc.) In fact, I cannot even run the configure step,
because no C compiler is found.

3. CppAD does not compile, because it is looking for a routine std::inserter.

The error occurs in sparse_set.hpp(231): error C3861: identifier not found.

 From what I can tell, this routine is not part of the <set> package
any more but has been moved to the <iterator> package. (As implied by
this remark, MSVS 9 works just fine.)

Has anyone else had similar problems in the past? How have you been
able to work around them. Any ideas?

(I am using Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 and MSVS 10
Professional, version 10.0.)

Thanks

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada , B3H 3J5
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107