[Ipopt] Sparse Hessian approximation

Andreas Waechter awaechter.iems at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:30:38 EDT 2011

Hi Sébastien,

Sorry, there is not way to specify a sparsity structure for the Hessian
approximation.  By the way, Ipopt uses the limited-memory BFGS
approximation, i.e., it never stores the full dense Hessian anyway.  And
if half of the entries in the Hessian are zero, this is not particularly
sparse at all!  Usually, you would call a matrix sparse if it is has
only a few nonzeros per row/column.

Hope this helps,

Andreas