[Ipopt] size limitations in precompiled binaries for IpOpt?

Frank Kampas fkampas at msn.com
Thu Oct 27 14:19:02 EDT 2011

For the precompiled binaries (3.9.2 in particular), are there any limitations on the sizes of the arrays?
I’m working with a problem of packing unequal size circles, which works fine for up to 20 circles but
dies for 21 circles.  The error message I get implies that one of the arrays is the wrong size.
I’m using Mathematica to calculate the objective function, constraints, and the various derivatives.
The problem could also be in my interface to Mathematica.

Here’s the beginning of the log for 20 circles:

This is Ipopt version 3.9.2, running with linear solver mumps.

Number of nonzeros in equality constraint Jacobian...:        0
Number of nonzeros in inequality constraint Jacobian.:      820
Number of nonzeros in Lagrangian Hessian.............:      820

Total number of variables............................:       41
                     variables with only lower bounds:        0
                variables with lower and upper bounds:       41
                     variables with only upper bounds:        0
Total number of equality constraints.................:        0
Total number of inequality constraints...............:      210
        inequality constraints with only lower bounds:        0
   inequality constraints with lower and upper bounds:      210
        inequality constraints with only upper bounds:        0