[Ipopt] Ipopt Fortran interface in Windows DLL

Rishi Amrit rishiamrit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:28:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I got the pre-compiled DLL from the IPOPT website and am trying to use
that. My code is a Fortran code, which I am able to compile and link
with IPOPT fine in Linux using gfortran. Now I need to build a DLL
from my Fortran code in Windows. I included the headers and linker
paths in Visual studio 2011 (with Intel Fortran compiler 2011) but I
am getting this following error:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Dll2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Dll2',
configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
1>Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran 11.1.060 [IA-32]...
1>hs071_f.f90
1>Linking...
1>hs071_f.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IPCREATE
referenced in function _QCQPIPOPT_mp_QPSOLVE
1>hs071_f.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IPOPENOUTPUTFILE referenced in function _QCQPIPOPT_mp_QPSOLVE
1>hs071_f.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IPADDSTROPTION referenced in function _QCQPIPOPT_mp_QPSOLVE
1>hs071_f.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IPSOLVE
referenced in function _QCQPIPOPT_mp_QPSOLVE
1>hs071_f.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IPFREE
referenced in function _QCQPIPOPT_mp_QPSOLVE
1>Debug\Dll2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

I was reading online about using the IPOPT DLL and came across the
fact that we use IpoptApplicationFactory interface to access the
functions in C++. How do we do this for FORTRAN ? Any tips/ ideas ?

Thanks,

Best,
Rishi Amrit